Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Jury's Out!


Okay, so I've filled in all my yes/no reply cards, and its official, kids, I'm going to Wesleyan! I'm still slightly sad about giving up New York City, but I think I'll definitely enjoy campus life, and I apparently don't get bored on 6 hour train rides, so a 2/3 hour train ride to New York/Boston is completely viable. Oh, and here's a snippet of a conversation I had with my mom about why I chose Wesleyan over Vassar ;

Me : "And I think sometimes you look at the alumni and think : 'What kind of person do I want to be?' "
Mom : "Hilary Clinton went to Vassar."
Me : "Exactly, I mean, its great, she's a politician and her husband cheated on her publicly, but I don't know. I mean, okay, Hilary and Jackie O went to Vassar. So what. Do you know who went to Wesleyan?"
Mom : "Who?"
Me : "Joss Whedon."
Mom : "Who's that?"
Me : "The guy who created BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER!!!!"

So, evidently, I choose my future based on very important, logical things. But really. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. And the guy who wrote Lemony Snicket! How can you go wrong.

I slept from 11am - 7pm, so I'm going to be up tonight. I hate setting my alarm clock wrongly. Also, since the first time I went to America in March, I've lost seven pounds. Go figure even if I don't see this weight loss anywhere. I've eaten a whole bag of Cheetos today - so I think this means I am slowly morphing into Britney Spears. I watched Say Anything this morning, and I'm going to spend the evening with the Gilmore Girls and GoFugYourself. Missing Juliet aside, life could not be sweeter.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.