Thursday, April 21, 2005

Adventures in Amherst!


Hello! I've been in Amherst for approximately 7 hours after a 5 hour train ride through about 4 states (New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts, if you wanted to know) and I have :

1) Walked around Amherst's lovely huge ass campus and the town
2) Spent a considerable amount of money in Amherst, which I didn't think I could do, but, voila, the town has nice bookstores, toy stores and record stores so ... deathtrap for Bev's wallet.
3) Had crabcakes and salmon burgers with Juliet
4) Decorated cookies with "Asian characters" in the Asian Culture House

And chanced upon a gem of a quotable quote courtesy of the lovely Juliet (who I was jumping around in excitement, literally, at the sight of) :

(About a guy in her dorm somewhere) : "He's ... alright. But .. he's kind of self centred and a jackass."

And there was another rather uh, carnal and totally un-pc quote that she made that I am not at liberty to quote publicly. Rather, I'll leave the quote in my phone to chuckle at when I'm bored and waiting for the train.

I'm coming back Tuesday, by the way, Winnie! I kind of want to stay longer. Everybody's so nice. And its a vacuum in which I never have to decide where to go to college, and I can experience college life(i.e. decorating cookies apparently) without the homework, which Juliet is feverishly doing now. Oh and I watched Hairspray yesterday, which is the best musical! And bought a pair of shorts with the words New York City on the ass and the Bad Education (hello Gael Garcia Bernal) dvd. I don't know how I'll sustain my consumerism habit when I'm older and finanically independent.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.