So, in the interests of keeping Juliet happy with post-a-level-activity updates, I will describe yesterday for her!
I received my Me Without You dvd in the afternoon and watched half of it before bugging my mother to drop me off in town where I met Winnie! and Daphne! and Diana! Since I haven't seen them in like, what, 5 months or a YEAR, it really warrants my liberal use of exclamation! marks!
We met at Kino because meeting in bookstores is THE BEST, and I bought my monthly fix of Nylon magazine and found pink Marc-Jacobs-ish pink and gold round toe suede shoes that I feel I should waste unhealthy amounts of money on. They were comfortable for high heels, so I shall carefully consider them. I also found a green velvet blazer that looked lovely, but new it was impractical and wished hard for a cheap good black blazer not in a material that will soon find its trend-death. I have been spoilt by American people talking about their thrifted 2 dollar little boy's blazers from Goodwill.
Anyway, we had an early dinner at the only place I ever really seem to enjoy eating meals at in Orchard, Din Tai Fung! Winnie did not order ANY noodles, the twins shared a bowl and I had my own and more xiao long bao than the rest of them because I was famished and they, apparently, did not want their entire share. Still hungry, I ate some bao and we went to Bakerzin ("Why did they change it from Baker's Inn to Bakerzin???" Diana asked, repeatedly. :) ) where Winnie once more ate nothing, the twins split something again and I had my own little cake.
We trotted off to Tangs to show the twins the pleasant re-vamp that EERILY resembles Macys or Nordstroms or some other American department store, which was closed to non-cardholders so we walked back in the rain to Taka, where Winnie had an invite to a "private event" held to showcase the new Guess collection and celebrate the re-opening of the store. We ate crappy hors d'ouevres that I purposefully discarded of in an irresponsible manner (heh heh heh), and drank crappy champagne. Then the models appeared! We made snide comments about everything! We only liked one girl model who was exceptionally pretty and well endowed and another black model who exuded the cool demeanour the others were too giggly to imitate. We, or at least I was somewhat daunted by the OVER-prettiness of the men and their makeup. Prettiness can be lethal when consumed in large doses. There was also 20-something professional looking man standing near us who looked like he had just received a really bad brow-lift (that is, overwhelmingly ^_^ SURPRISED) , a la Marie Osmond. Upon discovering this, Winnie and I introduced the twins to AWFULPLASTICSURGERY.COM. We actually introduced the website in unison, attesting to our general nerdiness when it comes to the trashiest websites on the planet.
Anyway, we each received a bag with -gag- Paris Hilton on it and some goodies inside. There was a Paris Hilton notebook I should just sell on ebay, and a nice pack of gilt-edged cards housed in a box covered with -real-, and by -real- I mean ACTUALLY PRETTY Guess models Claudia Schiffer and Eva Herzigova. And we got some Dr Hauschka samples and a 50 dollar Dr Hauschka facial voucher, among other things. How brilliant would it be to go for a facial? That would truly inaugarate me into my life of post-a-levels sloth.
Anyway, after we parted ways and I bought impractical but pretty clothing that is too skimpy to wear anywhere but a club, I went to meet Clare, Eudora and Clara at Holland V and we drank lots of magaritas at Tangos for 2 hours, talking and reminiscing and planning Pilates classes and club-trawling and all that jazz. Sometimes, there is nothing better than the pure freedom of doing absolutely nothing.
So, broke, I went home, finished watching my dvd, cried, wrote a poem for the first time in years, slept at 4am, woke up at 2pm, and here I am, talking to Juliet about sending things to her from Nordstroms.
I will endeavour to do something useful today, like swim, or read. Ah, bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment