Sunday, December 26, 2004

Because I REALLY like making lists...


Here is my list of random Christmas things that I think are COOL BEANS and yes I am aware of the fact that this is entirely ungrammatical :

1) University dean & professor preaching at my church Christmas service whose sermon contained the words "el cheapo". (You cannot fathom my excitement at the use of this fabulous phrase.)
2) iPod socks from my brother for Christmas. So overpriced, so great. SIX. Different. COLOURS!
3) Strawberry stud earrings that cost $2 from the Boxing Day Carnival at church.
4) Eating lunch/dinner at Din Tai Fung at 5 in the afternoon, to supplement my fake lunch of 2 chicken wings, candy floss, white chocolate and Sarsi. I'm certain my stomach is a pleasant place to visit.
5) Buying Franz Ferdinand & Interpol cds as well as the 6 disc Harry Potter dvd set because I am a child.

In other news, I think book-buying is in order. I can't think of what to buy, other than Carson McCullers' The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter and some random crap by Paul Coelho, Hanif Kureishi, Philip Pullman and Banana Yoshimoto. Please recommend books that I should read, and hopefully, will enjoy.

I have great plans to finally read my 90 dollar copy of Anna Karenina. I have my father's (or mother's?) mouldy old copy of Crime and Punishment, too. Perhaps I should consider reading a whole bunch of the Russians at one shot? I want Nabakov's Speak, Memory, and to read my annotated copy of Lolita again. Perhaps I am too silly. I'd probably die from depression after reading the Russians for a month. Or irritation from the tedium of their literature.

Also : Damnit! I want to watch Finding Neverland! And Bad Education and Maria Full of Grace. I've probably already mentioned this before. I despise waiting for good movies to reach my shores.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.