Tuesday, November 29, 2005


I'm glad that I'm going to be home in 3 weeks or so - I miss my friends and my bed, my clean toilet that nobody else uses (its unnerving to take a crap in the presence of other people), healthy food that doesn't make me put on 10 pounds, accessibility, xiao long baos, movie-watching with my favourite movie khaki Christine, massive sleepovers in my house with the table gang, board game nights, sleeping till 5 in the afternoon, TopShop, making felt cupcake bags with Juliet while watching Daria, dancing like a psycho to Dirty Dancing with Diana and Daphne, and all these other assorted things.

I think the only thing that's sad is that my life, will from now on, be characterized by missing things - because even as I return to what I've grown up with, I'll be missing the entirely new life over here. I'll miss my friends here, the freedom to do anything you want - that freedom from scrutiny, my silly boy, the strange drunken travails of my insane counterparts, the awesome classes, the reruns of Next on Sunday, SciLi, cooing over Gael Garcia Bernal with Angela, watching Lauren's eyes light up when it comes to her favourite topic of choice, the prospect of sledding nekkid down Foss Hill in the winter (inspiration : Carolyn), being butt-attacked by Nick, Nick and Matty.

I guess its a kind of life I have to learn to negotiate, nonetheless ... I should be so glad to have this sort of problem, anyway. I am always grateful.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.