Friday, August 19, 2005

Hollaaa


Hello kids! I'm in the States now, but not in school yet (thank god). I'm at my aunt's house, which is fun. I've always liked the house - its not too far from Manhattan, its in a woody, beautiful neighbourhood that has many nice homes (even one that looks like Cinderella's castle - my dream home, much?) and its large, commodious, comfy and equipped with many exciting things. For instance - a pretty pool with the best patio swing(!!!) and an excellent barbeque area, well-chosen artwork (Dali, McKnight and even something by that Russian wunderkind Alexandra Nechita as well as some lovely modern mixed media, tactile pieces), playground set (happiness), a tennis court, a huge ass basement with a pool table and assorted other games, and every video game console known to mankind. I do not really need some of the housing ... accoutrements I've mentioned, nor am I even remotely interested in some (read: video games, pool table) ... but its always fun to have around. I mean, what's better than having expensive things you don't need to surround you daily?

I'm staying in my little cousin's bedroom because she's away at camp and because I refuse to share quarters with my psychotic family. She has these noisy little hamsters that I often dream of killing, which I guess means I'm a bad person. I rattle their cages when they're sleeping just to give them a taste of their own medicine, which kind of reminds me of how I used to curse Daphne and Diana's hamsters/guinea pigs. She also has clothing and books that used to be mine when I was a wee one, and they bring back lots of fond memories, while also inspiring fits of near-kleptomania in me. In the comic book store today the cashier was telling a customer he'd give up all the money in the world to be 16 again; I think I'd give up all the money in the world to be 6.

But whatever. The real reason I like this house is because of two things : my uncle's computer, which addresses him as Master, and this piece of paper on my cousin's yellow wall.

The aforementioned piece of paper reads :


August 5th, 2005
Punishment Contract

1. No more instant messaging for 6 months from August 5th to Feb 5th 2006.
2. I am not allowed to bring my iPod to sleepaway camp.
3. I give up my privilege of having $10 worth of iPod downloads each month.

I understand this punishment contract fully and will live by it or face more punishment and taking away of of privileges.

Signed,
(my cousin)

And I don't know why, but this makes me laugh uncontrollably, and therefore, always makes my day.

.... This is probably another reason why I have no soul.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.