Monday, August 16, 2004

olympic fever - temperature 38.7 degrees.


My European History paper today was .. ehhh. There were many holes in my answers but I did try to answer to the best of my ability, so that is all I can ask for. I'm fairly certain I did alright for my imperialism question (which is my pet topic - i'm not sure if there is some great irony in being the colonized and liking to talk about colonizers, but whatever) ... but as for the Industrial Revolution and Nationalism questions and the most perplexing source based question .... well, we'll leave talk of doom for when it actually descends on me in a few weeks time. I can only hope I will somehow begin studying for International History and magically pull myself up to a B.

But let's move on from that to the exciting OLYMPICS! I do recall being in the throes of Olympic fever back in Sec 2 when most of the table gang was in the same beloved class, 2/3 and we all were divided into our pro-Hoogenband and pro-Thorpe camps, and Clara triumphantly stood up in science to announce to Miss Chiam and the class that "Ian Thorpe is the sexiest mammal alive." And then Juliet and I made our swimmer song as a copy of our skater song, in which we listed all the swimmers we liked, or at least could remember the names of. I'm fairly certain one of the swimmers I put down was "Hot Swimmer From South Africa Whose Name I Do Not Know But Surely Doesn't Matter" or something along those lines.

In other news, Diana( i mentioned you! you should be happy now! ), I watched women's and men's synchronized diving and nearly cried, wuss that I am. I find I have the hormonal balance of a severely pregnant woman. I have papers till 5 tomorrow - and my dreaded econs essay paper. Such misery! I think my hormones will REALLY go out of wack once econs comes around tomorrow to defeat my frazzled nerves and shaky mental health. Also, Kim - yes, you can help cook! No, you can bake! Because I have the world's most exciting COMPUTERIZED oven. When I press the button a chef pops out to greet me hello - he's so polite and well-mannered, this chef. He wears a chef's hat and apron and all those fancy trimmings. Also, you can fiddle with my world's most exciting induction cooker, which cooks faster than a microwave and without. any. flames. or. gas. whatsover! Its a tragedy that such kitchen delights are wasted on me, an idiot who only knows how to eat prepared food like Oreo cookies and imported, individually wrapped confections from Japan.

Till tomorrow! I promise to come up with more interesting things to say, I fear I am a terrible bore.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.