Thursday, August 12, 2004

In the true spirit of procrastination, I will write again. The previous post was actually written a few days back, but only posted a few minutes ago because blogspot was apparently allergic to my mac and my Safari browser till just then. I'm about halfway through Love In The Time of Cholera, which is exceedingly slow under normal circumstances but exceedingly fast under given conditions - that is, my impending doom a.k.a the fast approaching prelims.

I've been learning Spanish words online, so that my vocabulary has increased tenfold. Although it isn't any great feat considering the only Spanish words I knew prior to this were si and espanol. My attention span is highly limited at this point and after studying some econs in an utterly cursory manner and reading Act 2 of Antony and Cleopatra, my body has begun consciously rejecting all other academia. I may attempt econs mcq, which is apparently less taxing on my brain. My studying for history is all but hopeless, because my brain is a sieve that quickly loses any information piled into it. My constant exam prep fallback, that is, my short term memory, appears to be VERY short indeed because stuff I studied a few weeks ago has become as foreign as anything to me. It is worrying, and my nerves are beginning to fray.

On the topic of nerves - I got back my results from the mandatory PSC psychometric test (a scholarship I will firstly never win, secondly never qualify for, and thirdly won't even try to qualify for due to the aforementioned reasons). I am "more anxious than the average person". Well, I KNEW that. I'm rather concerned about the state of my mental health once the prelims comes around. I'll have this as an outlet and Christine to wail to, at least. Juliet will be leaving in less than a week for college, which means she will be far too many miles away from me and in a markedly different time zone. Although, considering her sleeping patterns, that might actually make her more in sync with me than she is now. I suppose I will have to go on msn more to catch her. I will enjoy conjuring long emails to her though, the way I did when Christine was away. The regularity with which she will respond, of course, is dubious. Yes, I'm writing this so that she may read this. Do you hear me, dear?

Right. I feel I must put an end to my frivolous, subject-less post. Its rather refreshing, though, I 've never really written in an entirely casual manner on a regular basis. I am glad that this has been my source of procrastination, and because this will serve as tangible proof for my less than meritorious performance in the exams.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.