Tuesday, August 17, 2004


I have taken it upon myself to become the world's most inefficient student! Prior to TWO papers today, that is, General Paper and the econs essay paper, I spent the day watching the latter half of the Terminal, swimming and diving repeats and the showdown between Hoogie, Thorpe and Phelps. I do believe Thorpe has somewhat declined in his gorgeousness (not that, come to think of it, he technically ever was - facially speaking anyhow), which reached its epitome in Sydney 2000. His tan has devolved from the burnished golden of Rich Europeans to the ashen grey that is my own skintone, albeit several shades lighter. (Does that even make sense? Does it matter?) Whenever I traverse to the school toilet I'm always horrified by how grey I appear in the mirrors. Whatever it is, I nearly died of excitement watching that match while sitting on my person-sized new bean bag. Its a miraculous bean bag, and huge beyond belief. Also, it is a BRIGHT RED!

But I digress. Let us return to the initial thesis statement : I have taken it upon myself to become the most inefficient student. I'm going to go shopping in Ikea, the scourge of materialism and all things mass produced which I loved, despite claiming the Fight Club as my favourite movie. I am a conundrum that way. Perhaps I am just confused. Anyway, I'm going Ikea shopping instead of studying, also, I'll have to take a picture for my honours nomination form, which I didn't paste the mandatory picture on. I think my drama teacher will be right mad with me. Heh. Whatever the case, the next few days of studying will be considerably less nerve-wracking, because I'm prepping for my Shakespeare & Other Authors paper, which means I'll be studying lit, which means I'll actually not hate studying too much.

I've learnt that if I read notes too many times, I quickly tire of them and flip through them with insane rapidity such that the entire point of picking up the notes is negated. I expressed deep consternation at this tendency of mine to my father in the car, and did so very loudly and I expect, irritatingly. Nevertheless, my lovely dad understood and recommended I go swimming. His remedy for all things stress related : go jump in the pool! It is apt though. Swimming helps me burn off steam, and I can actually think and run through tutorial outlines in my head while swimming laps clumsily. (I have no grace in water.)

Anyway the economics paper was ... eh. I did spend twenty minutes telling my mother my answers though and she seems to think I'll do alright. That is good enough for me. Econs has never troubled me as much, not because I'm good at it, but because if you have a semblance of understanding it does much in the way of helping.

Juliet is leaving tomorrow! NOOOO!!! Sigh.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.