I am currently residing in Boyfriendland, Connecticut, where I go to Costcos to buy 48 pack granola bar cartons, 30 pack Oreo cartons, and the mall to buy little 5 dollar unicorn necklaces that S. shakes his head at as well as huge things of body wash that smell like Frozen Daquiri, also for 5 amazing dollars. It is the land where I have a dozen roses waiting for me when I come home, plus a big felt blanket arranged in the shape of a heart, and other assorted fun things.
It is also where I wash my own and other people's dishes (gasp), remember how many times I've actually cut my own fruit in my near 20 years on earth (about 2), make the bed, pick up the stupid clothes people leave lying on the floor, and all around housewifery, apart from the fact that I cannot cook and yesterday this pasta thing I'm used to microwaveing that I was heating on the stove ended up tasting like metal. It is the land where I buy brocolli without really knowing how to steam or cut it.
Sadly, the crappy rainy weekend is over, during which I was not able to make any happy trips to the park or the outdoors like I wanted, and now I am alone at home as all the men are out to make their money, and I have resorted to contemplating if I should go for a walk to CVS, so I can buy cheap crap to slather on my face and wander around the empty house in, not having to worry if I will frighten someone with my appearance. I like this land I have found myself in. Its fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment