So I have fallen sick, as I am always well disposed to doing. I believe it is truly my forte. I think scientists should do experiments on me. The last time I fell really sick, I nursed a cough for approximately six weeks. I would cough my lungs out for about an hour before falling asleep, to the point where frat boys I did not know told Serkan to wish me well. (Which probably means I kept some of them up with my relentless hacking and choking at night, and by "wishing me well" they meant "please die".) Anyway, my current ailments meant that I was no longer able to go to the design museum flea market I was dreaming about all this week, nor could I play board games and have dinner with Quasi.
However, I have quite readily gotten down to packing my suitcases, because I like packing slowly rather than all at once, so that I won't be alarmed by the amount of things I own, but rather, quietly reminded that I am the biggest fashion cow if there ever was one. Surprisingly, however, my suitcase is not bursting, despite the fact that there is also a rug (of a woman's head with a big blue afro wig, because I am one classy broad) inside of it.
Packing leaves me a little sad, though, because I have been seeing friends a lot lately, the company of whom tends me make me deliriously happy, and does a great job of helping me along when I can't talk to the busy busy boyfriend for a week at a time. Lots of lovely soundbites, funny trips to Far East Plaza, manicure dates, contemplation about Brazillians (of both the human and waxing varieties), relentless eating accompanied by a general worship of youthful metabolism, discovering just how bad I am at any kind of card game ... its all quite lovely.
I am sad to leave it all, although I am looking forward to other things as well. Waterfalls, beaches, concrete jungles, Moutinho's beach themed room complete with sand and plastic palm tree, board game parties, road trips, and trying not to shock the people living on my hall when I have to walk to the bathroom in my favourite, but sadly not very PG new sleepwear, salsa and yoga classes with Vidya, eating at WesWings more often, buying crap at WesShop, my single room, among other wonderful things. Life can really be quite dandy.
No comments:
Post a Comment