Sunday, September 10, 2006


Sophomore year has started out interestingly enough, although apparently it has given me little time to sit down and blog about it all. Its been a week since I got back to campus, after loading Serkan's car full of the crap I bought from Target/Costco/Walmart/Bed Bath & Beyond and my ridiculous, back-breaking luggage. After we got back I got unpacked in a record breaking 2 hours, and also bought a chair and more needed furniture/electronics for my new single room. My room officially looks wonderfully girly, replete with shiny casbah bedding, purple african daisies (that are dying, by the looks of it ...), a soft suede blue Husband, a multicoloured lamp, and Nikki McClure posters EVERYWHERE. Its also well scented with Febreze Air Effects in "Rocky Springs & Cool", with a dash of my perfume of the day mixed in. I have a big pink packing crate full of food, Rabbit sweets and Hello Panda and seaweed spilling out from all directions, mountains of dresses and Twister and Jenga lying happily at my feet. Yes, my room is ... pretty much awesome.

Luckily enough, I'm living on the same hall as the entire crowd I usually run with, plus a new bunch of kids that are really friendly, which means our floor is 10 times louder than all the other floors in the Nics, we dominate hall meetings like nobody's business, somebody is always blasting Afro Man, Creedence Clearwater Revival or playing Elliot Smith on the guitar, I share a door with my first friend at school, and when we go for meals it is in the droves. We have impromptu dance parties where I find myself acting like an idiot in my bathrobe, bouncing on Mirsky's happy bed, studying on the balcony while its warm. More people have cars, which consequently means things like today's brunch trip to Dunkin Donuts due to the impossible long queue at the dining hall, in which I sat in Mirksy's trunk as usual.

I still get lonely amidst the masses though, because I don't have the boy with me. I get depressed when my friends in couples get to be together all the time, and I wish I had someone to take care of me, to cuddle with me when I'm bored, to swat me when I'm being annoying. I have the weekends for that though, luckily, and its a good salve at the end of the week for my heart. It means screaming at Serkan for driving like a madman, getting taken for yummy lunches at Pho Boston, and going crazy at the Asian supermarket, and hopefully next weekend if its warm, it means waterfalls. :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.