Friday, May 26, 2006


So I'm being employed this Reunion and Commencement weekend in my lovely school, and I just clocked in my first shift manning an exhibit in a shiny glassy building commemorating the 175th anniversary of thy esteemed establishment of learning. I also learned some interesting things form the exhibition, like that Martin Luther King spoke here in 1962, and that Woodrow Wilson taught history and economics from 1888-1890. I did nothing of consequence for about 4 and a half hours, and met a lady who lives and teaches in Rwanda, an 80 something year old class of '46 alum, and a small sampling of interesting people.

Anyway. I have to get up before 7am tomorrow for my second shift, which is something I haven't done in approximately a year and a half. My problem? I can't quite jet to bed. It is mostly because I am so close to going home, I can smell and taste and imagine that goddamn xiao long bao and la mian in my mouth. It haunts me in my dreams. Goddamn. I bet I'm secretly gaining weight from these food dreams while I sleep.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.