Friday, March 18, 2005


So I am attempting to shake off my spell of utter laziness. I have plunged (or dipped my toe) into the exercise classes, and today, tried my hand at kickboxing. Bounces, boxes, pitiful high kicks and pseudo-skipping is punctuated by murmurs of "haiiiii----YAH!". It truly is an exercise class that tickles my insides, I wanted to burst out laughing at the sight of my eager Thai teacher and his enthusiasm. I look forward to taking another kickboxing class on Monday, maybe yoga on Tuesday, all in preparation for my week long skiing adventure in Deer Valley. I hear the snow isn't too great in Deer Valley now though, which is unfortunate, seeing as how I struck gold the last couple of times I went skiing, and the Lord of Snow blessed me with blizzards of epic proportions. I am looking forward to going to a wintry place, even if my green sweater never arrived. I am armed with many other sweaters. I have an unusual love for sweaters which, I suppose, stems from some secret longing for safety, warmth and comfort. When you don't have a person for that, my sartorial sense says turn to sweaters.

****


Things that made me happy today included getting a massage from my really wonderful maid, Eva Cassidy, friendly co-workers, buying the Say Anything dvd off eBay (among other 80s wonders I'm bidding on) to add to the ballooning dvd collection, top notch Japanese food from Nakasei (as always), the fact that it was the last day of work, Wallace Stevens' poetry, finally being able to listen to my favourite BBC World radio programme at 2am in the morning, the splendid April issue of Vogue (the first time I've ever liked the Shape issue), Ted Leo's cover of "Since U Been Gone" (!!!), my favourite word this week - supple, and freshly made peach sorbet.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.