Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Comfort

Job rejections can be incredibly rough, especially when you have to drum up copy about a store opening you don't care about and some bullshit hipster clothing, or do photo research on beautifully dressed people who have jobs that you can only dream about. It is also particularly difficult when you learn, definitively, that you were passed over for an opportunity not because you weren't the perfect candidate, but for reasons you can't control. The boy told me to let go, and to move on, but its hard. I hold on to things. I dwell, I stew.

The silver lining appears to be thinning out these days. But I'm trying to focus on small pleasures, like the fact that I've had the most excellent Pandora day I've had in a while, which spins nothing but The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys, Phoenix and Spoon, much to my delight. Or that I have DVR, with which I can tape The Good Wife while simultaneously watching the delightful trash that is The City (actually, an intern at work is friends with one of the girls from last season ...Clara, Eelin, excited???) and The Hills. And my new Simone de Beauvoir novel, which I got for free from my other internship. And I'm looking forward to seeing Coco Avant Chanel in a few days, and turning over all my anxieties, my fears, and my worries at the altar of the fashion movie, and just fawn mindlessly over the Gallic-ness of it all and the fancy clothes.

2 comments:

w tan said...

omg coco avant chanel is great! :D

and yay to simone de beaviour! i read a lot of her in undergrad.

i miss you!!!! xxxx

Anonymous said...

a City intern? *loud squeal, cue Pussycat dolls and ihateyouuuu:)*

in less maddening news, i'm high on dry off 3 seasons of skins. hate being in singapore with no guy friends or boyfriend or active social life i used to have in college. don't feel shit about not getting a job babe. i've been feeling unemployed since internships 2 summers ago and the anxiety is just NOT worth it. pray, have faith and He will provide. plus if it's any consolation, a real job is fucking scary and full of responsibilities i'm not ready to handle :)

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.