Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anticipation

When I started cooking for myself 2 years ago, I began reading food blogs obsessively (hello Tastespotting, hello SeriousEats), bookmarking dozens of recipes daily. I lulled myself to sleep with Giada or Paula Deen stirring some kind of polenta or buttery goodness on the Food Network. But I never really bought cookbooks. I figured you could just get good, reviewed recipes online and do fine without cookbooks.

But I'm slowly changing my ways, and I've started to build my collection only recently, mostly limiting myself to more all-encompassing fare like Mr Bittman's How To Cook Everything and The Joy of Cooking. I'm ready to branch out now. Momofuku's David Chang is releasing a cookbook that comes out on October 27th. And I MUST HAVE IT. If you don't know Momofuku, its a mini Asian food empire that Chang started in New York only a few years ago, that has grown to include a noodle bar that I actually don't mind paying $16 for ramen at, a delicious bakery/milk bar that serves flavored milk horchata and huge cookies that are perfect to grab before heading down to the movie theater nearby and a couple of other Asian restaurants. In short, I adore his food.

So to reiterate, I MUST. HAVE. GAH. If only I worked at the company publishing his cookbook, I could get my hands on an advance copy.




p.s. In other happy food related news, my aunt is taking me out for my birthday!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.