I, like many people, have often uttered the phrase : "I don't have enough clothes!!!"
I have been lucky enough to spend 12 years of my educational existence in different shades of blue, which has spared me unnecessary rifling through my wardrobe in search of an outfit that suits my particular mood every damn day. Since I started work in a place that does not mandate the wearing of some embarrassing polyester outfit, I've had to go through my wardrobe on a daily basis.
In my travels through the greatdeepcloset, I have discovered that I have a motherload of clothing that can suit my utilitarian needs, and that my previous gripe about my lack of clothing was really a gripe about a lack of clothing to suit my everyday teenager mood. Having to wear something different to work today has allowed me to become more efficient in my utilization of the contents of my closet, and I've found crap hidden in the back of my wardrobe that I've never even worn. Its like finding something new everyday. I'm trying to figure out when I'll eventually run out of clothing and have to repeat outfits, but since my math is terrible, I don't think I'll reach an accurate figure until the day actually dawns on me.
And so, in conclusion, ladies and gentlemen, I guess I do have enough clothes. Enough for work, anyway, but not enough to suit my otherwise rabid hunger for fashion that can never be satiated. (In fact, I just bought a cashmere Abercrombie hoodie today, against my better judgement. I keep stocking up for the winter that will never come.)
Watch this train of thought : I am now the proud owner of a pair of dangling gold Tinkerbell earrings. I watched The Simple Life 3 the other day and I have to say that Paris Hilton's chihuahua, Tinkerbell, is really ugly. The golden light that was Tinkerbell in Finding Neverland was very pretty. Incidentally, Finding Neverland was so sentimental and wonderful I could die. Mostly, I could die because Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were in it and were fabulous. I also recently watched The Aviator, Hotel Rwanda and Alfie. SCORE. I shall, somehow, somehow soon, get to watch A Very Long Engagement(with the twins? Christine? yes?), where I will inevitably fall in love with Audrey Tatou all over again and salivate over Gaspard Ulliel. As of last Friday, I became the owner of a dvd of Venus Beauty Institute, a sort of rare foreign film with our favourite Amelie ingenue in it. I also recently became the owner of Russian Ark, Cyrano de Bergerac(with Gerard Depardieu) and all 5 seasons of Daria. I have somehow managed to procure practically the whole filmography of Ryan Gosling (for whom I have an overwhelming passion) except for the cheesy crappy stuff on dvd. Yeah. The day I lose my dvd collection is the day I lose my mind. Also, I have had interviews with Princeton, Brown and Columbia(a.k.a. schools I'll never get into) so far and I always manage to sneak in some talk time about how much I love movies.
While at work, I have discovered that I prefer to wear high heeled shoes, regardless of the abuse they dole out to my poor, weathered feet. Today I wore a new pair of pink satin round-toed pumps (utterly cute, and utterly useless) that butchered my feet as I followed a Korean tv crew around the company pretending to do something. On other days, I wear white pumps, black open toe heels, turquoise pumps ... you get the idea. Though I also own an array of comparatively less painful, more practical and pretty flat shoes, I enjoy the sense of empowerment being taller than everyone else endows me. Mostly, I enjoy the sense of empowerment being taller than Weirdo Boss imparts to me. Seeing as how the Weirdo Boss is of Seth Green proportions(sans the coolness that comes with being a werewolf on Buffy The Vampire Slayer), it really quite easy to be taller than him, too.
I had a dream that Juliet had warm hoodies (no doubt to warm her poor tiny soul in sub zero Amherst, but to go off topic : SNOW!!!) printed with every character from Daria and I seethed with jealousy.
And so ends my pointless discussion of matters loosely pertaining to the sartorial. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment