And now, we shall commence with my favourite quotes, once again courtesy of Eelin, from our "Bukit Timah Kids" dinner last night, which consisted of her, me and Clara feasting on Italian at Casa Roma and sharing a pathetic cup of gelato at Venezia, all while talking for many hours.
Context : Eelin volunteers at SPCA.
Clara : I want to work at the SPCA too! I want to coochie coochie the cute litte dogs!
Eelin : Oh come on! They are all HAIRLESS and have so many DISEASES you still want to COOCHIE COO???
Context : Discussion on studying Chinese in China for some 3 month course
Clara : You study at Beijing University, and you do a home stay with a Chinese family.
Eelin : Stay with a Chinese family? Oh my god, you are going to have to shit in a HOLE!!!
(Excuse the crude reference to defecating. Har Har.)
And, as a new feature, I shall feature quotes from a really stupid person in my office that I can't stand, and will nickname W.B. (short for Weirdo Bossperson). It suddenly occurred to me that W.B. resembles Mr Burns from the Simpsons in a lot of ways, sans the yellow skin and coolness that comes from being a cartoon character. W.B. intended for both quotes to be jokes but were met with a silence deader than Stephen Dorff's acting career.
S. : Bev came in to prepare for the meeting, she was testing out camera angles.
W.B. (dramatic pause) : Ah, its a good thing she came in looking for ANGLES, not ANGELS.
(???????)
W.B. : "Hi, F., there's a shareholder who has just called with a strange question I think you should answer. He asked if the post on the website needs a stamp."
Apart from this, the boss that isn't W.B. (I have two) is very nice, drives a cool yellow Mini cooper and gives me work that I am happy to do, because it is obviously necessary. I suppose this shall be a test of my patience! I'm too tired to give any actual introspective comments these days, unfortunately, and for that I am deeply sorry (although you might not be.)
No comments:
Post a Comment