Is there something wrong with me? Is it senioritis? Or am I just some kind of incorrigible clothes whore? I had an exam today and I spent the better half of yesterday looking at my favorite fashion blogs and coveting all the towering heels that all these fashionistas seem to wear, but that my ankles and battered knees will never sustain, unless replaced with sheets of metal. I started pulling out mounds of clothing from my dresser, my closet, and from that dark place under my bed, trying on random trashy outfits with sequined mini skirts, things with a lot of leather and a lot of studs that I hope to wear in Miami come Sunday.
Also, this is probably fairly obvious to everyone who knows me, but even though I have this colossal amount of clothing I feel uninspired, and keep making wishlists of things I want, andthat I hope to find in one of my happy free days in New York that I'm so looking forward to. I'll have about 2 or 3 days, without any friends to cater to, most of whom cannot tolerate shopping for a whole day ... unlike some fabulous Singaporean friends of mine. I'm excited to just peep into all kinds of vintage and thrift stores all day, eat as much Yogurtland as is humanly possible, finally eat those Venezuelan arepas I had been meaning to try all summer because there were 5 blocks away from me and yet never did, wear whimsical girly dresses one day and incredibly trashy leather vests the next, try on crazy shoes at Aldo, oh, and finally get me some Shake Shack burgers and fries.
And did I mention I'm going to New Orleans? I am! And I'll stay in a b & b for 2 nights, which I'm happy about because it looks so cozy and adorable. And I'm prepping myself to stuff my face with a WHOLE lot of beignets, crawfish and gumbo, which the past couple of New Orleans-based episodes of Top Chef have really whetted my appetite for. I'm also psyched to go visit a couple of famous recording studios, like J & M Music Shop (where Little Richard and Fats Domino recorded), which I've just studied about in my History of Rock and RnB class.
Music, food, sun, sand, shopping ... my spring break will be bliss.
Also, this is probably fairly obvious to everyone who knows me, but even though I have this colossal amount of clothing I feel uninspired, and keep making wishlists of things I want, andthat I hope to find in one of my happy free days in New York that I'm so looking forward to. I'll have about 2 or 3 days, without any friends to cater to, most of whom cannot tolerate shopping for a whole day ... unlike some fabulous Singaporean friends of mine. I'm excited to just peep into all kinds of vintage and thrift stores all day, eat as much Yogurtland as is humanly possible, finally eat those Venezuelan arepas I had been meaning to try all summer because there were 5 blocks away from me and yet never did, wear whimsical girly dresses one day and incredibly trashy leather vests the next, try on crazy shoes at Aldo, oh, and finally get me some Shake Shack burgers and fries.
And did I mention I'm going to New Orleans? I am! And I'll stay in a b & b for 2 nights, which I'm happy about because it looks so cozy and adorable. And I'm prepping myself to stuff my face with a WHOLE lot of beignets, crawfish and gumbo, which the past couple of New Orleans-based episodes of Top Chef have really whetted my appetite for. I'm also psyched to go visit a couple of famous recording studios, like J & M Music Shop (where Little Richard and Fats Domino recorded), which I've just studied about in my History of Rock and RnB class.
Music, food, sun, sand, shopping ... my spring break will be bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment