Friday, March 06, 2009

Another Random Publishing Related Post

So another book I was reading while it was not quite completely pieced together in the summer, apparently, and I think I may have helped write some of the advertising copy for, is #9 on the Strait's Times best-seller list! The bits of it I read were quite absorbing ... its about an American who travelled through China interviewing all kinds of underground characters, including a political activist, a full-time gamer, a prostitute, possibly some kind of gangster (if I remember correctly) ... it was great. The material itself is, of course, inherently interesting, but the writing was well-fleshed out and detailed the way good, solid, absorbing journalism should be. And now its a bestseller in my motherland? Imagine that!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.