Friday, June 10, 2005

UK Things :


1) The tube conductor singing! "Please keep clear of the doors. By please keep clear of the doors, I mean, please DO NOT PROP THE DOOR OPEN WITH YOUR FOOT. That means you, Mr Red T Shirt. ...... (sighs and then..sings) 'You talk to trees, but they don't listen....'"
2) EWAN FREAKING MCGREGOR!!! In Guys and Dolls. He cannot dance to save his life and his character was the same as the one he played in Down With Love, but doth this super fan care? No. Obviously not. I got to see Ewan Mcgregor, and now I can die happy.
3) ..... although, actually, I didn't get to see Gael Garcia Bernal, who I found out, far too belatedly, was also acting on the West End in Lorca's Blood Wedding. I guess one out of two isn't so bad? Although ... Gael ... ohhhh.
4) Discovered that there are/is a person/people I should actually marry if they weren't ten years older than me or if I wasn't 18.
5) I had food poisoning, which made me throw up 6 times in the span of 2-3 hours. LOVELY.
6) British trains (the long haul ones) are dumb because they are narrow and poorly padded and cannot be pushed back.
7) Browsing through a cavalcade of trashy gossip rags at WHSmith when you have nothing better to do really will make you want to rip out your hair and eyeballs.
8) Coming across Magic Mushrooms while with your parents is weird.
9) Wonderful magnificent black slouchy boots from Shellys. For 50 pounds. Which is not cheap but my feet are glad.
10) If I never see another tiered boho skirt again, it will be too soon.
11) Bought a horrible trendy item which is, in fact, a combination of two sickening trends - it is metallic, and it is a Balenciaga rip-off. I ask the fashion gods for forgiveness, because my only bag broke and I desperately needed a new one, and the good thing about this one is that it holds everything I need it to, including the Vogue I pilfered from the airline.
12) I wish people wouldn't inconvenience me by getting married, thus cutting short my holiday.
13) Officially, Australians, Americans, British people AND Ong Eelin all find my cassette tape earrings very amusing.
14) I am slowly becoming alcoholic. I also drank the best damn mojito in my life on this trip. Sadly, it cost 40 dollars.
15) I also bought 9 pairs of socks and a Cossack hat. Yes, you read that correctly. Cossack.
16) Despite not being any sort of a motoring enthusiast, I saw the most beautiful car I have ever laid eyes upon and will never nearly have enough money to afford.
17) I now deeply regret rejecting free tickets to the Chelsea Flower Show, which normal people buy months(years?) in advance and actually pay lots of money for.
18) Points 4, 16 and 17 are all inter-related.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.