Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh so, now I'm going to the England/Scotland instead of Italy/Greece. So farewell to Miss Sixty jeans, the Vatican and Venice and hello overpriced things at Harrods, getting pickpocketed at Portobello, getting dumbstruck by the Scottish landscape and actively avoiding EVER having to consume kidney pie and haggis.

I'm trying to plan the things that we can do and its kind of hard, what with so many things to do. The only thing I can definitively decide on doing is going to the Tate Modern and the Museum of Childhood (!!!) in Edinburgh, which I think I remember hearing lovely things about. I mean, its the best sort of museum anyway, wouldn't you say? I think Juliet will enjoy it, if only I could pack her up in my suitcase - she is small enough, I think. :)

I declared my ambition to Christine of staying in a haunted castle in order to scare the living daylights out of myself, but I'm not really sure where one can do that, apart from this one that has been converted into a youth hostel - which poses a problem, seeing as how my parents aren't exactly spritely young'uns. I'm quite compelled to buy a new Lomo camera due to the disappearance of my old one, in order to take advantage of prime photo opportunities in the form of the millions of lakes, hills, munroes, castles and ruined abbeys where Mary Queen of Scots may or may not have been hidden. But I think I'm try to be frugal and make do with lugging just my SLR around, as well as my trusty old digital camera.

Oh, travelling is good fun, no?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.