The eating continues! Dinner last night with Wesleyan folk, dinner tonight with food I packed away from Mezza9 on top of a fake dinner of ice jelly & cocktail, ba kwa, Tic Tacs and ice Milo. After running around to collect my O Level cert (freakingfinally,yeah), getting college advisors to sign my final high school transcript, I saw my darlingwonderful Juliet, as well as the unfailingly entertaining Quasi and Xing. :)
We wandered around Chinatown despite the fact that it was raining and dreary, and I got really excited by the sight of local snacks going for cheap. I ended up packing away various tubes of haw flakes, jelly, tons of khong guan biscuits, Super Rings and god knows what else. Quasi and I tried to convince the vegetarians that meat is good, to no avail. We went on a hunt for ice kachang and failed miserably, and gave up and went off to Plaza Singapura ("god, this shopping centre is so SINGAPOREAN", Quasi says with disgust ...) to have it in the air conditioned food court.
We went to Spotlight to go hunting for materials to make these felt bags we've been jonesing to make ever since we saw these. I'm kind of thrilled to be doing strange things as a way of spending time with people, its quite a pleasant alternative to the usual shopping/movie nonsense our busy schedules in the past confined us to. Anyway, we realized it was really hard coming up with nice colour combinations and had trouble picking the right thread, and nearly gave up before QuasiXing, the artistic genius duo, helped us choose the right things pretty quickly. I burst out laughing when I spotted Sinclair Ang, although Quasi and Xing hid, something that Sinclair ended up doing too. Seeing teachers outside of school is like an affirmation that they aren't just these aliens that are tucked away in the recesses of the high school.
Anyway, I realize its all very mundane for anyone reading except myself, so I shall satisfy you with the quotes that completely made my day.
Quasi : "I HATE my dermatologist. She is such a biatch, she won't give me Accutane, she says my skin isn't bad enough!"
Bev : "That's true what, I used to take Accutane and I know that your skin definitely isn't bad enough."
Quasi : "I don't care! I hate her! She just puts me on anti-biotics and after a while tells me we should try stopping it and I break out all over again!"
Bev : "But Quasi, they all have to do that, because the anti-biotics are so bad for your liver!"
Quasi : "I'm more afraid of breaking out than I am of my liver shutting down!!! ...... I have priorities, you know."
Quasi : "Oh my gosh, I read this book called Sex For Dieters, and they tell you how much calories you lose when you do it on top, and sideways, and ...."
Xing : "I bet you lose the most weight doing it in the swimming pool, because of the water resistance and all!"
And a pretty strange one ...
Quasi : " I don't like indonesian maids, you can just tell that they were from farms! At least Filipinos have like ... Nintendoes."
Tired and happy and full. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment