This past weekend was homecoming, and so I made a long weekend out of the event. Went up to Brendan's house on Thursday night after stopping over at the boy's for a quick cuddle, and then spent all of Friday lounging in pajamas in his picture-perfect Connecticut home with Vidya. Lauren drove down from Yale to visit with us, and she too was charmed by the ritzy homes and tree-lined streets. We dished lots of exciting gossip (mostly on Lauren's side, since school tends to provide more gossipy fodder than living in the real world does) and ate clementines. It was glorious.
Subsequently B, V and I drove up to school, where we had dinner at our favorite haunts, got a little tipsy and tried to party in the frigid cold. It was a little tough feeling homeless and not very comfortable about staying on people's couches, but we eventually found the comfiest couch of them all with the sweetest boy-we-hardly-know, and made the best of it. The rest of the weekend was filled with good times with old friends, little sleep, our favorite Indian from Havelis, reminiscing over crap $9 dollar bottles of wine and cuddling. All the things college was built for, and all the things I will always love and miss.
Amidst all the happy reunions and wistfulness about the passing of the undergraduate phase of our lives, I also manage to scrounge up some excellent quotable quotes. Case in point:
Chris: "So Jake called my roomate up the other day and asked if he could stay with us for a weekend in D.C., and he said, 'Hey man, can I crash at your place this weekend ... maybe? I may or may not be in the city.' So my roomate said, 'What do you mean, you may or may be in the city?' And so Jake said ... "Well, I'm FREIGHT TRAIN HOPPING, so if the train happens to slow down enough as it approaches D.C., I'll just jump off. If not, I won't be in D.C."
Me: "I really want to buy a watch."
Brendan: "The only watches I've ever had were from my dad's friend who gave them to me ... when he went to prison."
Oh, lord. I wish we were all living in the same cities. Growing up is lame.
Subsequently B, V and I drove up to school, where we had dinner at our favorite haunts, got a little tipsy and tried to party in the frigid cold. It was a little tough feeling homeless and not very comfortable about staying on people's couches, but we eventually found the comfiest couch of them all with the sweetest boy-we-hardly-know, and made the best of it. The rest of the weekend was filled with good times with old friends, little sleep, our favorite Indian from Havelis, reminiscing over crap $9 dollar bottles of wine and cuddling. All the things college was built for, and all the things I will always love and miss.
Amidst all the happy reunions and wistfulness about the passing of the undergraduate phase of our lives, I also manage to scrounge up some excellent quotable quotes. Case in point:
Chris: "So Jake called my roomate up the other day and asked if he could stay with us for a weekend in D.C., and he said, 'Hey man, can I crash at your place this weekend ... maybe? I may or may not be in the city.' So my roomate said, 'What do you mean, you may or may be in the city?' And so Jake said ... "Well, I'm FREIGHT TRAIN HOPPING, so if the train happens to slow down enough as it approaches D.C., I'll just jump off. If not, I won't be in D.C."
Me: "I really want to buy a watch."
Brendan: "The only watches I've ever had were from my dad's friend who gave them to me ... when he went to prison."
Oh, lord. I wish we were all living in the same cities. Growing up is lame.
No comments:
Post a Comment