Its funny, most weeknights I just stay indoors and watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report till 3 in the morning when I have my way, because I hate having to drop cash on drinks I don't care about just so I can see my friends, or worry about whether my friends will get bored if I ask to eat at some noodle place for dinner again (I only eat noodles because I'm so food-homesick). So sometimes I make up excuses about being sick, let my indolence take over and just lie in bed for hours digesting magazines and useless internet news. But I got out this week! It was a triumph! If a fantastic drain on my wallet ...
After Jerry Springer on Monday with the boyfriendly unit, which was amazing but also unsettling, I proceeded to race through the days with a ton of activity. In the past 72 hours, I have:
1) Chatted at length with a handsome hipster photographer store man, and realized that all handsome men in New York reside in awesome fashionable stores (though sometimes their heterosexuality may be in doubt)
2) Drunk a bunch of free booze before watching the Friendly Fires gratis from 5 feet away while contemplating my possible life as a professional groupie. I am such a band slut wannabe.
3) Met a married couple my age that Cesar insisted I meet because I am "almost-married." We watched Oleanna together for $30 dollars a piece even though tickets usually run at $116 ++. I got really stressed out by it - it was such an exhausting play. (Twinnie, you have to explain this shiz to me and why anyone likes it.) I had to eat a whole pizza to soothe my nerves after.
4) Bought this fabulous amazing bag on sale in a tan color as my birthday present, which means I know have a grown up bag that can fit my life, including the lunches I pack for work and books I need to read on the subway. I also used my birthday gift card from my aunt to buy indie comics and graphic novels, including Adrian Tomine's Shortcomings. Excitement!
Most of all I was glad to be reminded that I should try to avoid social activity less and live a little. Tonight I had a good long chat with fabulous ladies I love, who entertained my request that they smell my new leather bag, ate Malaysian food happily, asked me to spend their birthday with them shopping and then declared that they had to email introduce me to their friends who work at Chanel (!) and some other places so I can stop whining about my unemployment.
After Jerry Springer on Monday with the boyfriendly unit, which was amazing but also unsettling, I proceeded to race through the days with a ton of activity. In the past 72 hours, I have:
1) Chatted at length with a handsome hipster photographer store man, and realized that all handsome men in New York reside in awesome fashionable stores (though sometimes their heterosexuality may be in doubt)
2) Drunk a bunch of free booze before watching the Friendly Fires gratis from 5 feet away while contemplating my possible life as a professional groupie. I am such a band slut wannabe.
3) Met a married couple my age that Cesar insisted I meet because I am "almost-married." We watched Oleanna together for $30 dollars a piece even though tickets usually run at $116 ++. I got really stressed out by it - it was such an exhausting play. (Twinnie, you have to explain this shiz to me and why anyone likes it.) I had to eat a whole pizza to soothe my nerves after.
4) Bought this fabulous amazing bag on sale in a tan color as my birthday present, which means I know have a grown up bag that can fit my life, including the lunches I pack for work and books I need to read on the subway. I also used my birthday gift card from my aunt to buy indie comics and graphic novels, including Adrian Tomine's Shortcomings. Excitement!
Most of all I was glad to be reminded that I should try to avoid social activity less and live a little. Tonight I had a good long chat with fabulous ladies I love, who entertained my request that they smell my new leather bag, ate Malaysian food happily, asked me to spend their birthday with them shopping and then declared that they had to email introduce me to their friends who work at Chanel (!) and some other places so I can stop whining about my unemployment.
1 comment:
working full time sucks coz you can't get drunk and wake up at 2am the next day :(
moo
Post a Comment