Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Olympic Thoughts


Also, does it depress anyone else who, like me, after watching Nastia Liukin, say, clinch that lovely gold medal for being her very graceful and talented self, get depressed after Wikipedia-ing and finding out that she's THREE YEARS YOUNGER than me? Or that Shawn Johnson is SIX YEARS YOUGNER than me? Or that Michael Phelps is only a year older? This is way worse than going to Zouk and getting confused by the 15 year olds prancing about, reminding you of your own current or looming oldness, and your wasted youth. What have I been doing with my adolescence? While someone was winning Olympic medals at 15, at the same age I was sitting at home making websites and listening to Tori Amos. Why didn't anyone compel me to be svelte and goal-oriented and hardworking and athletic and world class? Why didn't I compel myself? Goddamn. Lovely as the Olympics is, it tends to make me feel like a giant failure.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.