In my off time, I conjure alternate lives up for my favourite tv characters. I imagine it is fan fiction only I am far too lazy to write it all down. I am watching the second half of season 4 of the Gilmore Girls, and am significantly chagrined by the massive plot deviations. Why is Rory losing her virginity to greasy, oily, bad-emo-hair Dean? Why are the Senior Gilmores breaking up? I suppose change is inevitable and something demanded of these television shows but I want to live in my little happy bubble in which Rory and Jess run around Stars Hollow reading the Brothers Karamazov or Mark Strand, plotting to have beautiful brunette babies of their own. I decry the loss of Jess Mariano, or specifically Milo Ventimiglia. I'll take all his affected bad boy posturing, his contrived leather jackets, his bed hair and even his weird mouth. But I am not a television writer. I suppose I shall watch Gilmore Girls fall into the grand spiral of SUCK from Season 5 onwards.
And now, lets take a breather from the world of Bev's Obsession With Truly Trivial Things. We get our prelim results tomorrow after school all at once, its pretty frightening when you think about it to have to sit for 2 hours and receive a barrage of frightening exam results. Thankfully, I can breathe easy because my teacher leaked some of my results to me in a moment of great enthusiasm. I shall remember to thank God and to thank him for blessing me and making me so very fortunate. Wilson was nice enough to say that I really deserved it, though I would dispute that claim. Either way ... I shall have to get started with my studying again. Everywhere I turn people are reading their econs or history notes or something, whereas I am either filling in data for college application forms, photocopying the common application or reading a page out of Marquez (no, I'm still not done. This is a far cry from my book-a-day habit at my boring internship in June).
I'll confirm the results tomorrow. Deep breath!
And now, lets take a breather from the world of Bev's Obsession With Truly Trivial Things. We get our prelim results tomorrow after school all at once, its pretty frightening when you think about it to have to sit for 2 hours and receive a barrage of frightening exam results. Thankfully, I can breathe easy because my teacher leaked some of my results to me in a moment of great enthusiasm. I shall remember to thank God and to thank him for blessing me and making me so very fortunate. Wilson was nice enough to say that I really deserved it, though I would dispute that claim. Either way ... I shall have to get started with my studying again. Everywhere I turn people are reading their econs or history notes or something, whereas I am either filling in data for college application forms, photocopying the common application or reading a page out of Marquez (no, I'm still not done. This is a far cry from my book-a-day habit at my boring internship in June).
I'll confirm the results tomorrow. Deep breath!
No comments:
Post a Comment