Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Its easy to get depressed when you haven't had a job interview in weeks despite all the applications you've sent out, and as such everything in the future looks hazy and dim. There are moments when I want to fall apart, when I get stressed not knowing what my next move should be.

But there are some bright spots, like best friends coming to stay with you for a week and gallivanting with them through one of the world's dirtiest, most crowded and glorious cities, taking advantage of free Tivo and watching hours of Gordon Ramsay shows/NYC Prep/Miami Social, sharing giant cupcakes with other interns, planning to watch 500 Days of Summer because who doesn't love Joseph Gordon Levitt, helping yourself to free Jacques Torres chocolates laid out in the break room, taking out free food memoirs/cookbooks from the company library, the prospect of watching So You Think You Can Dance in a mere 51 minutes, trying on impossibly high shoes at Aldo a stone's throw from your doorstep, and receiving surprise postcards from your best friend in the mail (thanks! <3 ).

And I had a good weekend, filled with furry cat shenanigans, meals cooked at home, WASP-y Connecticut sidewalk sales in beautiful towns, curling up with Serkan to watch Adventureland and Role Models, dim sum, fun summer clothing and a lot of love. These are things to be grateful for, and I take them with me when I curl up in my bed at night.

1 comment:

the criti-phish said...

ummmm NYC prep is like the best thing ever. 500 days is pretty great too.

Followers

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.