Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wanderlusty 5 a.m. thoughts


Not particularly interested in work, I decided to look longingly through my facebook albums of Europe, wihch sadly, seems miles away now. I am nearing the end of my vacation and I'd really like to go back to school, but I'm torn in all directions. My heart falls a little when I realize how little I've seen my old friends, and how much I need to; for that reason, I'd like to stay at home for a little longer. On the other hand, school promises friends, crazy adventures, and my boy's return. And sometimes I'd like to just get lost in faraway places again.

*****


I'd really like to decamp to Italy again. I miss the cheap wine, blue waters, and my sad attempts at trying to pass my Spanish off as Italian.

I love all languages with rolling r's, I've decided. Except Turkish, because I apparently never pronounce any of its r's correctly, including the one wedged in the middle of my boyfriend's name. Reason #10921 why I should just address him as one of the above : Steve, Bob, Mike. Short, simple, snappy! And much easier to yell in a mall when he's wandered into a calendar store and I still want to go into Pottery Barn for Kids.

Incidentally, I think that I have probably forgotten all the Spanish I have ever learnt, especially those tricky little subjunctives. Maybe I should actually move to Barcelona. I have been toying with this idea ... must research visas! Can we all please move there and live on a house boat together? I think that would be splendid. I would wear Zara caftans all day like a maharajah(don't know the feminine) and be pleased as punch.

Also, I think I should take up French, so I can go back to Paris, say a couple of phrases in a fancy way (chaussures s'il vous plait blah blah) in the Chanel/Isabel Marant/APC store, not buy anything out of money guilt, and then forget that too!

I think my anticipation of the end of my internship is making me kind of batty.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.