And so, ladies and gentlemen, Australia was fab. Well, really, any place (aside from a war torn disaster area, or maybe even that, can be wonderful when shared with such totallyAWESOME friends like Daphne and Diana) I shall break it down into little chewable bits for all to peruse.
Daily Routine (For the most part):
1) Waking up late
2) Renting a video from Carlton Video! (We rented Beautiful Girls, Cry Freedom, The Company, Lolita, Goodbye Lenin and one last movie I apparently don't recall.)
3) Playing the guitar horribly and commanding the twins to soothe me with their guitar playing whenever their halogen lights gave me a headache
4) Hoping I don't go over budget with my shopping
I Learnt :
1) How to give massages from a cool picture book
2) How to get massages
3) How to walk to lots of places I needed to get to and revel in it except for when I was REALLY REALLY hungry (for souvlakis)
4) That really, boys are hotter everywhere that is NOT singapore
5) That your friends are REALLY REALLY your TRULY good friends when they love you (I think) in spite of the fact that you slap/pinch/tickle/poke/insult/kiss/cuddle them at will.
6) Even near the city, at about 2am in the morning, Melbourne is really SO QUIET that you can REALLY hear a pindrop. Trust me, we actually tried dropping a pin. Or something like it. And we HEARD IT! We heard it bounce twice.
7) I like scaring Diana by playing dead or playing psycho
8) That drunkeness makes people a lot bolder, and is a situation well disposed to people who desperately need to admit to some boy/girl that they like them
9) Eelin has a really funny ringtone in Australia
10) Lip piercings are kind of appealing, provided the boy that they're on doesn't kind of look younger than me
I/We took pictures of :
1) Daphne, Diana and I doing arabesques in the Victorian Rose Gardens
2) Perfect artistic swirls of chocolate on the very top of Eelin's hot chocolate from Koko Black's
3) My new Sass and Bide jeans (!)
4) A wedding party and a bride in the distance
5) My converse shoes for no reason
6) The three of us looking snuggly in our pjs
7) A man next to us cuddling his baby daughter and sleeping on the plane
Quotable Quotes & Memorable Events !
In the bedroom:
Bev (while getting massaged): "Diana! You have strong hands!!!"
Daphne (mysterious and coy) : "And .. do you know what they say about people with strong hands???"
Diana : "WHAT!"
Daphne : "That ... they have strong hands."
At night sitting on a bench at Crown :
Weird But Adorable Drunk Teenage Australian Boy With Lip Piercing Who May Or May Not Have Been Called Mike/Mark : "Hi! You're .. hot."
One of us : "Uh ... erm ... thanks?"
Drunk Pierced Mike/Mark (In the slightly condescending manner foreigners have about them when they think Singaporeans can't speak English) : "Do you KNOW what hot means? It means ... you're GOOD LOOKING, and I want to KISS you! Do you want to kiss me?"
And I unfortunately forgot all the other funny quotes, I only remembered the first because I wrote it down on a paper bag with shaky hands (from laughing hysterically) and the second because it was just that damn memorable. Its a damn shame, I tell you. We also met Drunk Mike/Mark's friend, a German foreign exchange student who was very friendly.
I bought heaps of clothes and birthday presents for Christine and Juliet (ooooer!!!) and candy and bikinis I'll never wear and cute girl's boxer shorts and sparkly slippers. And may I just say : I love cuddling my twins who I've known for more than half my life! My twins will forever beat out any set of twins you can find. Nothing makes me infinitely happier than appreciating a different place with the people that I never ever tire of. Much love.
I'm rather tired right now. If only I had written all of this down, but I only bought a elvish journal on the last few days and got lazy. Life will now return to its mundanel self. I do hope, that in the next week or so, I do not collapse from bad A Level Results or complete and utter boredom. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment