Do you watch Sex and the City? Well, I do. I believe I've watched every single episode. Twice. Or more than twice. Anyway, if you paid attention to the latter seasons, do you remember Jack Burger? The novelist boyfriend played by the guy in Office Space who went on to star in a vapid romantic comedy with the ever-shrinking Brittany Murphy that no one bothered to see? Yes, anyway. Jack Burger. The first night Carrie slept over at Burger's apartment, he turned on a sound system of jungle noises, which mostly consisted of toad sounds. It was a little irksome but she put up with it, because he was (in her mind), worth it.
Anyway, I took a very long time to get to my point. The jungle sounds? The TOAD sounds? That is EXACTLY what my house sounds like. Or, the immediate vicinity outside my house.
This, my friends, is what my leafy suburbia sounds like. Damn.
No comments:
Post a Comment