Monday, March 10, 2008

Exciting Exciting Exciting


So I went out for 3 interviews today, which were all shorter than I thought they would be. I got offered internships straight up at 2 of them, and the last one said they'd let me know in 2 weeks, but that I'd probably get it. Oh, such is the life of the intrepid intern. I think its because I was much earlier than the regular publishing industry crowd in my sending out of resumes and cover letters, so I am toasting my own ability to get over my laziness in February and do something productive with my life. A bunch of the publishers I interviewed with also heaped free books and a free tote bag on me, which is fun.

I would kind of like to get a paying job on the side, but can't due to the stupidity that is American visa stipulations. Maybe, if I work at a restaurant or some other place that pays cash usually ... I think that I would be a good waitress, to be honest. Not because of any plate carrying or order taking abilities I might have, but because of my geniune passion for food. But I don't know. I might just c

I'm now toying with trying to get another fashion internship on the side, perhaps, so that I can see if I'd like to be shallow with fashion for the rest of my life or poor and literary with the publishing industry? I'm not sure. The thought of having to dress up like some kind of fashion barbie everyday has actually started to feel much less like fun and far more like a burden. But maybe I could steal clothing from the fashion closet. We'll see.

Anyway, so the long story short is that I will be in New York for the summer, and hopefully other people will too, and I won't be lonely and bored the whole time. Yay for internship getting!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.