That's it, folks. I've found the recipe for true depression at a time when I'm supposed to be happy and spritely.
First, you try not to see sunlight very often by staying in your room all day and forgetting to pull up the blinds. Add a dash of end of the world apocalypse pathos via tragic television/movies, and garnish with a healthy dose of catharsis. Attend a religious institution you go to only out of familial obligation, and bring up crucial and gnawing questions about faith and belief that unnerves everyone around you (even those happy believing creatures). Lastly, avoid social interaction even when presented to you on a platter to stay at home and talk to a boy you love who rarely shows the mutual desire, however much he protests about its presence, to talk to you. Watch Arrested Development in an attempt to raise your spirits with some good comedy, but fail miserably as you stray away from it to participate in mindless facebook album browsing.
I am my own pit of misery and discontentment. Bah. Maybe I can conceal it temporarily with a dress from Marc Jacobs. It would be a clever trick.
No comments:
Post a Comment