Sunday, July 30, 2006


I wanted to put up this perfectly corny postcard type picture of my pasty body wading through the water in Phuket, with the sea and the big rock formations in the background. But I won't, because I am too lazy to. I will instead furnish you with this less than brief summary.

I received many massages and a manicure that I chipped almost immediately, wore a different bikini everyday - which included a multi-coloured, polka-dotted one, because that is so the pinnacle of high fashion and a sure sign of impeccable taste. Christine and I ate fried carbohydrates everyday, and occasionally downed pineapple juice, sometimes freshly squeezed and sometimes in a more syrupy, prepared form that wasn't too tolerable.

To my delight, we managed to find a dvd store that was so deliciously illegal; tucked away and hidden behind a legitimate store front as it was. After getting over my initial joyousness at seeing walls full of pirated movies, I grabbed at the little plastic packets like a kid on crack, and, yielding to my new desire to watch lots of bad movies, bought such award-winning masterpieces as : Freaky Friday(makes me wistful for the days when La-Lohan was tolerable), Stick It (bad, bad, bad, and not good-bad), New York Minute (excellent, but I'm not impartial right now because I am in love with the Olsen twins) and The Devil Wears Prada (divine). In my defence, I also bought Broken Flowers and TransAmerica and slightly more serious things.

So after 4 days of lazing, religious sunscreen application and the constant wearing of my sunglasses, it came to a sad and sorry end, and I had to return to regular life, in which I am once again counting down the days till I go back (26 days, and 30 until I see the skinny boy). I plan to shop, and finish watching my bad movies, maybe actually finish reading at least ONE BOOK, eat a lot, and play Bishi Bashi with Juliet who should be coming back any moment now. The end of summer is almost in sight. Thank god.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.