Tuesday, June 27, 2006


So I attended the wedding of a 2nd cousin I have probably seen, exactly, 2 times in my life this evening. I think I probably agreed to accompany my mother there just so I could wear a dress and be bored for 3 hours. But I came to a couple of my own conclusions, regarding any wedding I might have of my own (if ever) :

1)If I am surrounded by churchy people at my wedding, I will die. Hopefully this will be rectified by the existence of a smattering of Wesleyan folk. However, this might backfire, because instead of torturing me with their preachiness, they will embarrass me with their outrageousness.

2)I really don't want to serve people strange Chinese food I never grew up eating and I myself do not like. I think I should just serve people pasta. And roti prata.

3)I'd really really really like some sort of ceremony/dinner where the people I see are people I recognize and love, and are not strange creatures whose origin I am trying to figure out as they wish me congratulations at the end of the evening.

4)I might follow Hollie's ingenious plan and get married in a far away place, but still send wedding invitations, so that maybe I will get the wedding presents without the wedding guests. Evil, but practical.

5)I want damn pretty dresses. For myself and the bridal party. That is all.

Okay. I don't know why I'm making a post about MARRIAGE. Please stop me. I am insane, obviously. The sharks fin soup has crept into my brain.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.