For Christmas, my brother did a rare thing, and gave me a gift. He probably did this because I asked him for his shoe size via text, and when questioned about it, I admitted that I was trying to find a Christmas gift for him. So I guess he broke down, and bought me a home fragrance diffuser, which frankly usually belongs to the province of horrendous-and-just-an-afterthought-gifts, but this one was really quite nice. And I had been wanting one for some time, since living in a studio = living 10 feet from your kitchen and its attendant weird smells.

Since then, the gargantuan bottle has been nestled behind some packs of Lindt truffles, in a corner where no one can knock it over , and it has been perfuming my studio quite wonderfully. I have long since forgotten the days when I would come home to a house smelling faintly like trash. And today, I decided to see where I could buy said fancy home fragrance diffuser, only to realize that is being sold for $62. That's SIXTY TWO AMERICAN. I guess I should have expected this from the man who buys Jo Malone candles. Now my problem is, how the hell will I ever be able to afford a replacement? I'm not sure how I can justify buying a diffuser that's worth the price of two pairs of Miu Miu shorts from Buffalo Exchange (my proudest consignment find, btw). What a dilemma.

Since then, the gargantuan bottle has been nestled behind some packs of Lindt truffles, in a corner where no one can knock it over , and it has been perfuming my studio quite wonderfully. I have long since forgotten the days when I would come home to a house smelling faintly like trash. And today, I decided to see where I could buy said fancy home fragrance diffuser, only to realize that is being sold for $62. That's SIXTY TWO AMERICAN. I guess I should have expected this from the man who buys Jo Malone candles. Now my problem is, how the hell will I ever be able to afford a replacement? I'm not sure how I can justify buying a diffuser that's worth the price of two pairs of Miu Miu shorts from Buffalo Exchange (my proudest consignment find, btw). What a dilemma.
No comments:
Post a Comment