Thursday, June 25, 2009

Saluting The Colbert Nation

First of all, I'm deeply sorry for the generations who will follow after me never having grown up with the sheer awesomeness that was Michael Jackson. And who will never be able to wistfully remember what it was like to be an 8 year old attempting the moonwalk, white gloves, black pants, white wife beater and all. But there was a bright spot in my day. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it was the bright spot of my month, or year.

After failed attempts to get a haircut appointment early this afternoon, I started thinking about how I'd never gone to see a live taping of a show here, and have always wanted to. So I googled "Colbert Report tickets," assuming I would arrive at a website telling me about the month-long waitlist to get tickets. Happily, I was taken to the Colbert Nation website, where the only clickable link for tickets was today's date, June the 25th. So I clicked. I entered my name, email and phone number, and 2 minutes later, I was a confirmed guest at the Colbert Report, 513 West 54th Street. I was later told while waiting in line (by a lovely Colbert staffer who complimented my shoes - which I wore especially for you, Mr Colbert, I hope you appreciate that I walked many blocks in 4 inch heels for you) that people usually have to wait a while for tickets and nobody ever gets them the day of. So I was really lucky.

I actually doubt that I would have been as excited to watch any other talk show host, because Colbert was so many levels of awesome. I just want him to be my father, or my brother, or someone I would have an excuse to see all the time. If you guys are ever in the city, or planning on it ... GET TICKETS. And then laugh your ass off, learn to love my favorite man on late night television.

And they wouldn't let us take pictures in the studio itself, but here's an obligatory outside the studio, wow-don't-i-look-mad-dorky picture.




P.S. I got a job interview while standing in the waiting room for the show. Score? Score.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

B, 22, likes foreign countries, love (& the skinny boy), mangoes, chocolate, best friends, good movies, poetry, semi-colons and snarky websites.